Date(s): Saturday, October 01, 2016
Hours: 9:30 AM
Event: 1st Annual Youth Hunt
1st Annual Youth Hunt
Saturday, October 1st, 2016 – Begins at 9:30am at Turner Ranch
Idaho Power Company Turner Ranch Parking Lot (Directions below).
What to Bring:
• Wear sturdy shoes, no sandals. Sunblock is advised.
• Each youth must be accompanied by at least 1 adult who is next of kin
or close family friend.
• Must have completed hunter’s education successfully.
• May bring your own shotgun.
We will Provide:
• Breakfast, lunch, and snacks
• Shotguns and shells
• Caps and vest
Along with the pheasant hunt, participants will learn about wildlife conservation,
bird identification, dog handling, and clay target shooting. Special emphasis on
safety, ethics and hunting traditions will be covered during the day’s events.
Turner Ranch Driving Directions
(Location coordinates for the Turner Ranch youth sportsman access: Latitude: 42.841930, Longitude: -115.784985)
1. Take the Interstate 84 (I-84)-Business Loop (BL) exit, EXIT 90, toward Idaho Highway 51 (Idaho 51)/
2. Merge onto N I-84 BL E.
3. Continue on 4.1 miles, which will take you onto ID 51/W. 6th S.
4. Continue on ID-51 for about 1.2 miles.
5. Turn left to stay on ID-51.
6. Continue on about 20.8 miles.
7. Turn left onto Hot Creek Road.
8. Continue on about 4 miles to the Sportsman’s Access Point at Turner Ranch. The entrance is on the left.
A special Thank You to everyone who made this event possible.
ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED! Please email Brock to get onto next years list.
Hot Creek Road (Map Location)